The Friends of Spencer Park is the name for a group of local residents who are cooperating to improve the amenities of Spencer Park and Recreation Ground. Located on the North and South sides of Spencer Road in Earlsdon, Coventry, these areas provide green space and recreational facilities for all age groups.
Friends of Spencer Park was constituted as a voluntary organisation in 2012, dedicated to the maintenance and improvement of these historic areas. An essential part of the remit of the group is to engage in public consultation over any plans made to to maintain or improve the area. Please browse this website to find out more about us, what we are trying to do and how to make your voice heard.
The chair of the Friends of Spencer Park group has produced this vision for the park and plan for its future. (PDF 0.1 Mb)
We raise funds to meet these aims. We do this by organising events and by contacting local agencies, businesses and charities that might support the work we carry out.
We hold regular gardening sessions on Saturday mornings to improve the western border of the park and organize activities for adults and children such as the Big Lunch, Easter egg hunts and Fun Days. We support the Bands in the Park events.
We have also:
- Raised money to install a playground for younger children
- Kept the tennis courts open in the Summer months
- Maintained the Flat Green for bowling
- Provided refreshments for events including home-made cakes.
We are working towards:
- The refurbishment of the tennis courts and provision of coaching.
- Increased usage of the Flat Green by over sixties and disability groups
- Re-surfacing of the old tennis court area and consultation on its use.
- The refurbishment and re-opening of the pavilion for community use, possibly with a café.
- The provision of improved facilities for older children and adults on the large park, possibly the installation of a Multi Use Games Area on the old tennis courts when these are resurfaced.
Please check the EVENTS tab for details of forthcoming events in the park
If you want to join the Community Tennis Club, the fees will continue to be £25 per family. You can pay online. If you want to join our club you can do so at https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/spencerpark or please email email@example.com for an application form.
You will then be issued with a membership card with the access code for the courts. Court bookings will be made online.
If you would like to be involved in our activities, want more information or have suggestions about any of the above plans, please contact us: